Saturday, April 5, 2014

It's Been A While...

*Warning: Selfies up the wazoo up ahead*

Ever since my trip to Southeast Asia back in early January 2014, my life has shifted and hasn't been exactly the same since. I have feelings of guilt when I look at my closet or when I go shopping. The car I drive to work seems better than a brand new BMW because it works and even though the paint is chipping and it's from 1998 it works. The clean sidewalks and air I breathe seem unreal here back in the states.

I haven't taken any photos for awhile because I'm really really letting my mood of my trip (which was months ago!!!) still effect me. From a friend's request (Quoc Quan Le), I've decided to share some pretty personal photos from my trip. All shot on my iPhone. Let me know what you think of them. I'm still not into fashion photography as much lately but have started a Tumblr as my eventual traveling blog. Check it out here when you get the chance :) Now...what you've all been waiting for...the selfies!

Early in the morning on top of my hotel w/ some of Hanoi, Vietnam as my background.

My nephew picked me up again on his motorcycle to go visit my aunt in Luang Prabang, Laos. It's one of the most refreshing feelings while riding on a motorcycle and seeing all of the locals living their lives.


This is my uncle. This was taken inside his home. I admire him because of his history and strength. From the way he talks you can tell he's been through a lot. I wish more people could meet him. I wish I lived closer to him. I want to go back to visit him...

And I want to go back to visit this lady. My mother's mother...aka my grandmother. She's losing her memory like what usually happens with age. (yes...I was crying) I would love to go back with my parents.

 In Nampong Village. I didn't think anything could be cuter than puppies or toddlers...until this moment happened. PUPPIES & TODDLERS! #ridiculous


I love that he knows about the peace sign! He was so cute!!!!!! And that's Roger, the fat puppy. There's a story with him.

Becca! Or as I like to call her Beccaww! Like Pitch Perfect. Amazing friend I met on the trip. We can joke around for days and just say the dumbest things and still laugh like no other.

My great friend Maysee. She's like a mother/sister to me. We mentored each other on the trip and made sure we were both okay and healthy. Love ya lady!

This is where they filmed some of Tomb Raider. 
My crazy gang that I love so much on the trip! It's a great feeling when you find good traveling buddies. 



We were on a boat in Siem Riep, Cambodia.

This is called the floating village in Cambodia. These people living in the water.... prob not my favorite place to visit but it was definitely different. I would like to experience their lifestyle one day.

We had a fancy dinner night so therefore we slightly dressed up.



One of my favorite moments of my trip ever. It breaks my heart when I watch it but at the same time makes me smile. That is one of my nephews. You get to see my aunt for a split second also. Beautiful relatives that I only get to see if I go back.


That's all for my update. 

1 comment:

  1. so, so lovely. i need to come and visit so you can show me more pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete